Sign in to follow this  
lokito50

Realair turbine duke and reality xp 530w

Hi all,

I just finished a full clean install of fsx and all my addons and also switched to DX10. All my aircraft work but when i fly the turbine duke and i try using the garmin 530w by reality xp it doesnt even turn on. if i bring up the gps window then it just shows whatever is in front of the plane on the gps display. Anybody experiment with dx10 and reality xp?

thanks in advance

Alejandro.

Hi mate,

Have you installed the fixes here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387343-the-how-to-doc/

I don't think it's needed for RXP but it's a must.

For the Turbine Duke and RXP, I just loaded it up with my FSX DX10 and it's working fine. I don't think it's a DX10 issue, it might just be a misconfiguration in the Duke.

You can look at my settings if it helps but I have the unlimited pack with two 500s.

From [VCockpit01]:

gauge19=rxpGNS!GNS530, 1, 660, 504, 364

gauge20=rxpGNS!GNS530_2, 506, 660, 504, 364

From the windows at the bottom:

[Window01]

type=special

window_pos=0.739583,0.000000

window_size=0.260417,0.300000

visible=0

ident=15531

zorder=99

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,100,100

[Window02]

type=special

window_pos=0.739583,0.700000

window_size=0.260417,0.300000

visible=0

ident=15532

zorder=99

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530_2,0,0,100,100

[Window05]

position=0

window_size=0.031250,0.018750

visible=1

ident=15000

zorder=100

gauge00=rxpDrop!Stack,0,0,100,100

Also the RXP ini files should be there.

Ideally if you install RXP correctly using the flight1 installer, and use the Duke config tool to setup it should work automatically..

yeah it used to work before with DX9 no problem but now i dunno whats happening....i dont know what happened here on the first post im showing a different ID, it must be tapatalk on my phone...im going to try and uninstall and install rxp again

Yeah use the flight1 installer to get the license right.

Did you test the Garmin trainer?

if i bring up the gps window then it just shows whatever is in front of the plane on the gps display. Anybody experiment with dx10 and reality xp?

What you describe is pretty much always a licensing issue or a problem with the underlying Garmin trainer app not firing up. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a license problem after the re-install. The RXP gauges work fine for me with the Dukes, DX9 or DX10.

Scott

Yeah use the flight1 installer to get the license right.

Did you test the Garmin trainer?

yes i did. i installed rxp again and it worked. i havent tried the trainer yet though

Alejandro.