Sign in to follow this  

where do you think FS2k4 is now?

Just out of curiosity, do any of you guys work in software development? I was just wondering where do you think the FS2k4 process is at now? are they still working on it? how do you think they do their prior shipping? ect...just curious what a timeline would look like from now unitl, I guess, delivery?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Currently, from what I know, at BETA 3, expecting BETA 4 before going gold.

Where they are now is the polishing up stage.No new development will have been done for about 2-3 months most likely, all effort being devoted to bugfixing and stabalising the code for release (with maybe minor effort in performance tuning where such is needed).From about a month prior to release nothing is done except critical fixes, the rest is compiled into lists for tackling after the product is out the door (which happens probably 2 weeks prior to release to give the factories time to build up and ship stock).At that time, work on creating patches and updates starts if needed from the lists of open issues IF those are serious enough to warrant the effort and if not work starts on preparing for the next version and of course the release party (vitally important those :-jumpy :-yellow1).