Sign in to follow this  
Nathan-tebb

REX setup

Hi I have just recieced today my copy of rex essentials + overdrive and am struggling to get it to work :( I have got my directory all set up correctly and have selected my theme that I want I have saved the theme and loaded it however my runway textures are still default and by the looks of it I can't see any major difference in the clouds. I have all the boxes in the settings ticked and have the highest resolution clouds selected. Are there any setting in fsx that need to be set to certain things for it to work?

Also I don't want to use the real time weather I like flying in overcast conditions is this possible with rex?

Many thanks

Nathan

Are you using the water theme Sparkling? If I recall correctly, it can interfere with the loading of other REX textures. Try loading the other textures with a different water theme. After you have verified that the other textures have been loaded, load the Sparkling water theme individually.

There could be other more-obvious issues, but I can't seem to think of them right now. I did personally experience issues with loading runway textures when using Sparkling, though.

Hi I was but then I changed it to various different ones.

In the weather selection menu in fsx I have clicked user defined and have modified it in the advanced settings will this cause any problems. Also I have disabled the rex weather programme so that the real world weather won't work. Does rex work with the standard set ups like building storms e.t.c or will it use the default textures?

Also my water is set to 1x high.

Many thanks

Nathan