Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

2D cockpit view

I had to re-install the 737NGX. No problem installing etc., but one thing is kind of standing out. When in the 2D cockpit, the forward view seems to be aiming down, not showing the horizon. I seem to remember that there was some fix or comment about this during the early days of release, but I can't seem to find any mention of this in the forum.

Hopefully, someone out there will have had the problem and was able to correct the view. If so, could you please pass the solution. I'd be most appreciative.

Jack Fentress

Dear Jack,

Please use Ctrl + Shift + Q to see in a higher viewpoint or use Ctrl + Q to see in a lower viewpoint.

Regards,

Adenilson

try reading the introduction manual this has been brought up so many times already or try using the search option you would have found your answer by now

Hint page 13 of the introduction manual will give you the answer plus other information that you may not know of as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete............

Page 13 of the Intro does not give me the information I need, it deals with *******' tweaks. Page 12 deals with the config. I'm reading it as a PDF from my computer not a printed version. That may be the page difference. The display, graphics and wide screen items I already had adjusted as well as installed *******' tweaks.

I did find a temporary answer in the Simulator itself. Control/shift/Q allows me to pan up to the horizon level. Unfortunately it seems to be required every time I load the NGX. There must be a way to have it set permanently, but I don't know what that might be.

Jack

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/352462-2d-cockpit-outside-view-is-now-too-low/

There is as i have suggested if you would have done a search you would have found these enteries, these should work if they dont do another search and there lots of pages on this issue

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete..........

As it turns out the problem has been solved by Ryan. It was more than just something that the forum could have solved. There were multiple areas in the config. missing. Fortunately we were able to put things back together. Apparently, part of the problem is within FSX itself and something that PMDG has been fighting for quite a while.

Anyway, things are now fine, as I said, thanks to Ryan.

Jack