Sign in to follow this  
Jd_jay

Wilco airbus sound really bad

I had to get a new pc so I got one that can easily run FSX, I went and installed my wilco airbus packages and they sound absoloutly terrible, the engines sound crackly and I can barely hear the ATC. Does anyone have Any ideas what this could be or how to fix it? I don't have this problem with any other aircraft apart from the wilcos. I can't remember them sounding this bad on my old system.

Jason Dilley

What operating system and sound card are you using? Could it be a compatibility issue with Windows 8, if the latter is your new operating system?

Have you tried a reinstallation and verified that you are not experiencing any installation warnings?

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I'm running windows 7 prof. My machine just has and integrated sound device

Installation went fine, both airbus series 1 and 2, seperate installs both sound the same, I have the a380 to install, not sure if that will have different sound files.

Jason Dilley

Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I'm running windows 7 prof. My machine just has and integrated sound device

Installation went fine, both airbus series 1 and 2, seperate installs both sound the same, I have the a380 to install, not sure if that will have different sound files.

You're welcome, but I am afraid that I can not currently think of any other possibilities. After you have installed the A380, tell us whether it functions properly.

What was your previous operating system? Do you run any FSX multiplayer/online clients? Do you perform tasks that require external microphones, etc.?