Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skiboj

Time for a card change.....

I got my 737 hardware based sim back to a flyable state once again. With the space limitation of the new location, I had to sell off the projectors and got with large format TVs so I only cover the forward windows and one of the two side windows in the 737. I'll end up blacking out the back one on each side.

I'm running a full set of hardware so I have no need for the cockpit displays on my screen, my Displays are driven by ProSim off another PC at the moment with the exception of the Lower EICAS which is running off a GT610 PCI card.

I have an i7-2600, 12GB and was running dual GTX275s.

For displays I'm running three 60" Panasonic Plasma's for a surround resolution of 5760 x 1080. With just the center display mounted I remember what I didn't like about the setup......the video cards just don't cut it for that resolution, even without the cockpit being displayed.

Hope I made the right choice, but I spotted some EVGA GTX680 refurbs on newegg for $419, $20 more than the 670 I was looking at. I should have the card by Friday and the other two screens mounted and lined up by then. Not expecting a huge FPS jump, but would love to be able to run with a decent AA rate.

dbc53c590696b18fcf391f305cfc54fa.jpg

John Skibo

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now