Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ram1220

Radar Contact Crashes When Using Autosave

I just started having the black screen crashes of FS9 a few days ago. Seemed to start when I installed a new video card. I'm using FS9 on a Windows XP system on a dedicated hard drive to FS9 only. I downloaded the program Autosave from Pete Dawson's page. The program saves my flights like it's supposed to. But each time I get airborn and the program saves the first interval Radar Contact 4 crashes. RC stops responding and I get an popup that there was an error writing to Fs. RC4 then is unresponsive and I have to close it. Of course now I don't have ATC unless I restart the flight. If I stop using Autosave then RC4 doesn't crash. As soon as I reinstate Autosave RC4 crashes again.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Anyone know of a fix? I looked in the .cfg file of Autosave to see if I could stop the program from saving RC4 information but I didn't see a way to do that. If I don't use RC4 then Autosave works great. If I don't use Autosave then RC4 works great. The two don't play nice together.

Bob

Best place to post this is in the RC forum here on AVSIM where it might catch the attention of someone who had the problem.

Please include the video card model and driver version, RC version, FSUIPC version, Autosave version, and Windows version, and how much RAM you have. We also need the error number you observed.

It would not hurt to fill out your tech profile here at AVSIM regarding your operating system and hardware so it will appear under your avatar in posts. That is a new rule here at AVSIM where this information is not to be part of a signature any longer.

Please be sure fsuipc3 and autosave are current.

I can not imagine any conflict between RC and fsuipc and autosave with a video card driver. Be sure you have plenty of RAM. Did the new driver install any utilities that use possibly a conflicting key assignment? One other thought is to insure in any security software that RC and fs is defined as an excluded application.

There was also one recent thread there of a different nature regarding autosave.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/396905-saving-rcd-files/

Post the error message over in the RC forum where the developer and supporters are more likely to catch it.

Well I get the same problem with RC4 crashing when I try to save a flight in FS9 also. Just figured that out today. It ocurrs whether I use Autosave or not. As long as RC4 is running I get the dreaded Windows error ding when trying to save a flight in FS9. Follwed by the popup that Radar Contact had an error writing to FS9. Then RC4 closes on it's own. I'll post in the RC forum also.

To answer your questions. Video card is an Radeon 7850 2gb. Using driver version 12.4. Most recent version of RC4 as well as FSUIPC. I just downloaded Autosave from Pete Dawson's page so I'm assuming it's the latest one. I have a dedicated hard drive for FS9 with Win XP Pro. I have an AMD Phenom II Black Edition at 3.84ghz. 8gb of 1600 DDR3 RAM and a Cosair TX 850w PSU. My system is very capable of running FS9.

I feel the problem lies with RC4. Since I can reproduce the problem whether Autosave is running or not just by trying to save a flight in FS9. If RC4 is not running I don't have a problem saving a flight in FS9 or through Autosave. Sorry but I don't think I had my system specs in my signature. In fact I don't think I even have one.

Bob