Sign in to follow this  
lazy8

Help needed with FSX scenery library

While trying to make some improvement in my FSX scenery library I have messed something up. I have a total of 384 listings in the scenery library. When I start FSX and go to settings and scenery library the titles show up for the first few items and then no titles for items 6 through 198. The addon scenery is there and works fine but no titles. Any good suggestions for me to try and get the titles showing again? I use Prepar3D also and the scenery library there is fine, but I have not tried to improve it either, so it is safe so far. I have run the acceleration disc with repair but that did not improve anything. If I add some new scenery the titles show up. All the titles were there before I started messing with it this time. I have used the Acceleration repair and that did not change anything. The addon scenery items are the ones with the titles missing. OZx and FTX titles are there. I can right click over a missing title and hit edit and it brings up the name of the missing title. Then if I try to add it, I get the message already installed.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you have to offer.

Lazyeight

I would download and install the freeware Scenery Config Editor 1.1. It looks for errors and fixes them. Plus it's easier to navigate than with the internal Scenery Library.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10