Sign in to follow this  
dano291

Backcoarse ILS

Sometimes whille starting to intercept the LOC. I notice no arrow then look at my display which now says Im on a backcoarse. This happened in Daytona Beach KDAB I was landing on 25R loc frq 109.7 took right from the approach plate. This happened before at KRIC Rny 34. But on the richmond flight I did it again and there was no B/CS the 2nd time everything went fine. Any clues? Dan Thompson

It's Backcourse LOC, by the way. You'll never have a Backcourse ILS because the backcourse refers to the LOC signal being used on the back side of the antenna. You will get reverse sensing, and you will be provided lateral guidance only.

You likely had the right frequency, but the wrong CRS dialed in. In the case of RIC, it should have been 337 for the CRS. The FMC will display this info on the INIT REF page for landing data if you select the approach in the FMC. Also, RIC does not have a LOC backcourse approach, so your AFCAD for the field may be incorrect and causing the confusion.

Kyle Rodgers

I notice no arrow then look at my display which now says Im on a backcoarse.

Do you mean deviation pointers near the attitude indicator? There is a bug on NGX where this arrows are not displayed on backcourse approaches. It'll be fixed with SP2.