Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donsor

Lost FSX Logo

I changed the path from D: \program files\MICROSOFT GAMES to D:\program files\FLIGHT SIMULATOR FSX and now when I click on the FSX Logo, the game won't boot up. When I go to program files\MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR FSX and click on the folder, it takes me to the flight simulator files. How can I correct this and get the logo back so I can play the game by just clicking on it.

Right inside this folder there has to be the FSX.EXE file. When a desktop shortcut is created, it is linked to this file, so clicking the desktop shortcut is basically the same as opening this particular executable. What you can do, is either always go to the MSFSX directory and open the exe file, or preferably, create a new shortcut. In case you don't know how to do this: Right click the FSX.EXE, then click "create shortcut", which is one of the last options there are.

This will either create a shortcut directly on the desktop, or in the same directory as the original file, in which case it's just a matter of cutting (CTRL +X) and pasting it (CTRL + V).

Edit: I just read that you said moved the path. How did you do it? Just cut/paste, or did you do a complete new reinstall? If the first one is the case, you'll probably be headed for a new install, anyways, as this is very likely to have messed up your registry leading addons to fail. This is also the problem, why the shortcut doesn't work anymore in the first place: It's linked to a file in a directory, taht doesn't exist anymore, thus it can't execute the program.

Regards,

Flo