Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Omega Tanker???

Has anyone ever heard of these guys? They had a B707 land here today at PHNG. airliners.net only shows one B707 and it a -320. The one here has a different paint scheme as well and I believe it is only a -120. Airliners says they do tanking missions for the Air Force. Though the pics on airliners and the B707 here neither have the boom that KC-135's have. Didn't look at plane closely to see if it had another way of refueling. Have to say it is a very nice paint scheme.Was a very busy day here at PHNG(Kaneohe Bay). Along with the B707, we have F/A-18's, C-130's, C-40, Japanese P-3's(they are on their annual det here) as well a very rare visitor here a Hawaiian Air B763(they were a charter flight bringing back some Marines from Iraq.) Been quite busy lately, had a ATI DC-8 the other day as well as a World airlines DC-10 or a MD-11(didn't get to see it up close, saw it take off from a distance.(The ATI and World were taking VP-9 on deployment and brought VP-4 home on Saturday.Anyway more interested in the Omega outfit, never heard of them and they are a US Flag carrier.:-outtahttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...43942b48d2b.jpgThere is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Answered my own question....www.fuelbirds.comand it is a -320 here, same aircraft that is shown on airliners.net, just different paint scheme. They are also starting up a reengine program for B707's using JT8D-219's as well. They call it the 7Q7. :-outtahttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...43942b48d2b.jpgThere is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

I saw an Omega Air Transport DC-8 @ Avalon in Feb.. it provided fuel support for the F/A-18F Super Hornets that were here for the Airshow :)