Sign in to follow this  
weekend_pilot

Engine display in center unit

In a majority of the screen shots I see a center display unit showing three engines in a side by side view. However in my 737NGX setup, I see a different display. Examining the FCOM manual these appear to be features, however in examining the FMC setup menus and reading the PMDG 737 Introduction manual I do not see where I can make this change. I have attached a screen shot from the FCOM manual and a screen shot of my center display in the cockpit. Does anyone know how to make this change?

You can get the last one (Side by side display, TOTAL fuel) by changing "ENG SIDE BY SIDE DISP" from NO to YES on page 7/9 of the DISPLAYS options in the FMS. Alternatively you could change PFD/ND to EFIS/MAP which is on page 1/9; this option will radically change how everything is laid out though.

To get the first option (Side by Side display) go to page 9/9 of DISPLAYS in the FMC and change "FUEL TOTAL DISPLAY" from NO to YES.

Go to the CDU, main menu, PMDG Options, Displays (or similar, I'm doing this from memory). Page over until you see an option for "Fuel total" or something like that.

You can get the last one (Side by side display, TOTAL fuel) by changing "ENG SIDE BY SIDE DISP" from NO to YES on page 7/9 of the DISPLAYS options in the FMS. Alternatively you could change PFD/ND to EFIS/MAP which is on page 1/9; this option will radically change how everything is laid out though.

To get the first option (Side by Side display) go to page 9/9 of DISPLAYS in the FMC and change "FUEL TOTAL DISPLAY" from NO to YES.

The ENG side by side changes all of the engine displays (N1, N2, etc) to mimic the classics, the fuel display is a separate option.

Steve Caffey

Go to the CDU, main menu, PMDG Options, Displays (or similar, I'm doing this from memory). Page over until you see an option for "Fuel total" or something like that.

The ENG side by side changes all of the engine displays (N1, N2, etc) to mimic the classics, the fuel display is a separate option.

I know, but it's the only way to get the last option where the fuel quantity and the total are displayed side by side and not over/under, otherwise you can only have the side-by-side display and the over/under display.

I know, but it's the only way to get the last option where the fuel quantity and the total are displayed side by side and not over/under, otherwise you can only have the side-by-side display and the over/under display.

Gotcha, didn't look closely at the FCOM excerpt there. To summarize for the OP, you can change the Fuel Quantity Indicators between the TOTAL display, or the individual tank round dials. The difference between the 2 styles of the TOTAL display depends on which overall engine display is used. This is a company option, many airlines such as United choose to have the displays mimic the analog gauges of the Classic 737's for commonality due to having a large mixed fleet of Classic and NG's.

Steve Caffey