Sign in to follow this  
WCT64

B-25 v7 crash to desktop in Win7

Hello all,

Since 2008 I have been flying the B-25 and the DC-3 from MAAM. I truly love these magnificent airplanes. Recently I found out that there's a v7 of the B-25. Because of the new features I decided yesterday to buy it for FS2004. The order, download and installation all went fine after I had uninstalled the previous version first. When I start FS2004 and try to make a flight I can select the B-25 with many liveries in the aircraft list but after clicking the button Fly now FS2004 crashes to desktop. I tried a reinstallment but to no vain. Can anyone help me with this problem? What went wrong? My other planes still work perfectly so the problem only occurs with the new v7 of the B-25 for FS2004 in Win7.

Thx in advance for your support!

Wildcat64

Hi Wildcat. Sorry you are having a problem. Did you get any indication of what file was at issue when the crash happened? I recently re-installed FSX on my own Win7 64bit system and had no problems.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi Bill Rambow, thx for your quick reply. The problem is solved and was probably caused by FS2004 itself. The standard fs9.cfg started in full screen and was causing the CTD on my multimonitor setup. Since I use the windowed mode, all works fine! I'm eager now to fly the "new" vintage bird!

Greatings from Belgium

Wildcat64 (www.27sqn.be)

aka Jan Verreet

For some reason my B-25 crashes to desktop as well, but it does it at the end of the flight, when I hit Esc to return to the top level screen. It's done it since day 1, and it's the only plane in my fleet that does it. It's more of an annoyance than a serious problem, since I do get to complete the flight.

I'm running FSX Gold on a quadcore i5 at 3.0 GHz, 8GB RAM, Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, currently using a Radeon 6670 but it was happening while I was still running the onboard Intel graphics chip too. The MAAM packages were among the first addons I installed in FSX, if not the first; I bought FSX specifically to fly the R4D, the B-25 and the TBM.