Sign in to follow this  
JerseySeven

Runway and nav lights fix - not a fix on my rig

Hi all,

Getting back into sim flying after a 2 year hiatus now that I have the rig to do it right (NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX; driver ver 310.90; intel i73770 3.5 GHz; 16 GB memory; win 7 x64). Was flying with DX10 preview ignoring the occasional artifact when I saw Paul J's sticky in this forum on "How To".

Long story short - went through Steve's pdf (Thank you for the improved shaders!). All was fine until I added the changes listed under "Nav and Strobe Lights" fix and the "Runway Lighting" fix.

Basically these last few files and tweaks did the exact opposite for me. Turned off the aircraft lights as well as all of the runway lights. Fortunately I had the vanilla effects and texture files backed up and replaced the "fixes". Now I have lights on my plane again (flying the stock Beech Baron 58 currently) and the runways lights are back.

I'm not using any additional scenery that would have changed the lighting, so...? Just thought I'd post in case someone else had this issue.

Best,

Anyone else reproduce this?

Anyone running DX10 with the base fixes but not the lights fixes? Do you get runway lights?

Anyone else reproduce this?

Anyone running DX10 with the base fixes but not the lights fixes? Do you get runway lights?

I have the "base fixes" without the "light fixes" and all if fine, I do have runway lights.

Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro