Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mh8780

Help installing the digital version

Please move if it is in the wrong forum

From the Microsoft website, they have a digital form of FSX, I bought it and they provided me with ten download links. This the standard version, which I will then install Acceleration. They don't provide any installation instructions, and I'm at a loss of what do to. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/productID.216481300

First of all: Welcome to AVSIM!

I'm not sure what exactly your problem is. Is it the order of installation, or how to install it in the first line or anything else?

Installation itself should actually be pretty simple. Unzip the installer (I guess you get it as a zip file, and not as a simple executable, as that would mean more data to download), and run the install.exe or whatever the executable is named. Just make sure not to install FSX into the default location, or anywhere inside the Program Files (or Program Files(x.86)), since that can cause problems due to user account control. After you have finished the installation of standard FSX, run it once to activate it (you'll have to enter your activation key) start a first flight (you don't have to fly for a long time, just start the flight once). After you quit FSX, you can proceed to the installation of Acceleration(ACC). That process should actually be indentical to the one of installing standard FSX. Then again, start FSX, activate ACC and start a first flight. Now you should be set up to enjoy FSX.

You should do some other steps after installing ACC, though. At first, defragmenting the drive where you installed FSX is usually a good idea, unless its a SSD. Then there's some great guides on how to set up FSX to achieve the best performance. One of those is Word Not Allowed's guide, which is probably the best one, as it's continuously improved as far as I know.

I hope my guess reagrding your question was right, and this was helpful, if not just ask what your problem really is.

Regards,

Flo

Florian

He already paid for and downloaded the package from MS.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,525.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now