Sign in to follow this  
rigs42

Configure PFD, EICAS and ND position

Hi to all,

please, I have a simple question, and your answer will be really nice for me cause my problem make me a little bit crazy each time that I start a new flight. Sorry, I didn't find the answer on the forum

I fly on the PMDG B737-900

So, could you explain to me how to configure my PMDG in order to get for each starting, all screens as the PFD, ND , upper and lower EICAS at the same position and dimension on my second monitor ?

I have attached to this post, a picture showing my personal configuration, but as you can understand, I shall place the screens for each new flight.

Is someone could explain to me please ?

Waiting your comments

Thanks for you help

Probably youll have to make some adjustments on the panel.cfg file, which is where you can set things like the size and position of each panel. It's located at Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\panel. Take a look at this guide, which is a general SDK guide for FSX. It explains what every line on the CFG files do. Make a backup of your original pnel.cfg and try playing with some of those values. Maybe you manage to sort it out on your own while no one comes with a solution.

I see you're new here, so I should let you know that real names are required in this forum at the end of every post: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Matheus Mafra

Thanks PlaneDriver for this nice information

So I have found how to modify the size of my 4 screens (PFD, ND, upper and lower EICAS)

But I didn't find how to change the position of the 4 ones in order to move them on my second monitor on an exact position (upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right)

Finally, I didn´t find also how to get my four screens immediatly visible when I start my flight. I means that I shall click each of them in order to detach them of the main panel

Here is the code that I have modified for the size. Could you let me know where to modify my last 2 request please about position and detaching from main panel ?

Thanks again

Code : (just for 2 screens but I will replicate for the other ones)

//

// Zoomed Lower DU

//

[Window14]

BACKGROUND_COLOR=30,30,30

size_mm=555, 555

window_size = 0.623, 0.663

position=8

visible=0

ident=413

zorder=95

gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU, -57, -48, 677, 636, 1 LOWER #14 ZOOM

//

// Zoomed Right Inboard DU

//

[Window15]

BACKGROUND_COLOR=30,30,30

size_mm=555, 555

window_size = 0.28906, 0.46250

position=1

visible=0

ident=414

zorder=95

gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!DU, -57, -48, 677, 636, 1 RIGHT_INBD #15 ZOOM

You're welcome!

When you put FSX in full screen mode, does it occupies all your monitors or does it stay in only one screen? I believe that if FSX is in only one screen, the other monitor (or monitors) will be out of range from the panel.cfg (or any CFG file for that matter) because, for FSX, that other monitor doesn't exist.

I'm just guessing, though, since I don't have a second monitor available to test what works and what doesn't.

To make a panel visible by default when you start a flight you have to change the "visible=" value from 0 to 1.

visible=0 means that the panel is hidden by default;

visible=1 means that the panel is open by default.

From my testings it only works when you switch to the 2D panel. If your flight starts by default in the virtual cockpit, you won't see those panels until you switch to the 2D.

Matheus Mafra