Sign in to follow this  
MooseSK

Center gear failure corrects itself during landing?

Hello,

I am trying to simulate having to land w/o center gear in the default B738. The gear will fail and not deploy during the approach, but as soon as I land, it is there. I'm guessing it deploys as soon as my mains touch down, but I'm not 100% sure. I checked the outside view at about 200ft prior to landing, and it was not deployed. When I watch the replay, however, it deploys with the mains during approach. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Are you talking about the nose gear? The 738 has no center landing gear.

Have you watched the landing in outside view (not the palyback, but the "live" one)? It might be that it is forced to deploy by the impact on landing, which I think is one way of extending a stuck landing gear. There actually is a mission in a payware mission pack, where you have to touch down so hard that the stuck landing gear is extended. That's the main gear, though.

Actually, if you're talking about the front landing gear, you should notice when it's not extended, since your nose would crash into the RWY.

Another thing might be, that the replay messes something up, but I've never heard of that with default planes.

Regards,

Flo

Sorry, yes I meant the nose gear. I did it again and watched it live. The gear appeared to be retracted but when the nose got to the point where it would normally touch down, it was as if the gear was extended, smoke and everything. It was like the nose gear was invisible but it was still doing it's job. It would become visible if the game was paused and then unpaused.