Sign in to follow this  
JasonHarris

Ultraforce Seat supporting xplane.

This is a product that you guys probably dont know about as its only been supporting race sims. I have just seen that they have a beta update to support fsx and xplane.

I have had my eyes on this seat for a while and have been waiting to try it out before I commit to it.

http://ultraforcesim.com

Instead of moving the seat there are pads that exert pressure on your body instead, they have enough force that they can move you about. I would be really interested to see how they go in flight sims, hopefully I will hear from some users soon

"...the GS-4 bundles incredible motion simulation capabilities into a small, affordable package..."

Actual price: $1775 :O

This is obviously some strange usage of the word "affordable" that I hadn't previously been aware of.

To be fair, it does look pretty cool, and I'm sure it's cheaper than a full-motion set-up. I just think it's funny when marketing throws around terms like "affordable" for things with staggering price tags.

In the market it is playing in it's a pretty good price and the way it works gives you the right sensations as opposed to some other motion platforms that move the seat.

It's like a car maker coming out with an affordable car that still costs $10k when in the same vein, its not affordable - except when compared to other cars.

Compared to other motion platforms its pretty good for those that want something like it. Not often you can get something like this for less that the price of a high end computer that lots of guys use to run their games on.