Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-AIMA

Airbus Vol.2

Hi friends

Is that addon "Flight Simulator X - Airbus Family Vol.2 A330-A344" good?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Talking abuot this one: http://secure.simmar...(de_5077).phtml?

I woudn't buy that one, it looks aweful. Actually there's a freeware developer, Thomas Ruth, who did the whole A330/A340 series with all variants, and his buses look way better!

In case you mean the Wilco one, it is dated, but currently the best systems simulation for a long haul Airbus you can get..

I believe this Halycon Media one is developed by AFS Design, and well, let's say I had extremely unpleasant experience with them.

I bought their download Airbus collection which seems to offer same models that this Halycon Media package does + also smaller Airbus aircraft.

Although that package claims to include both A330-200 and A330-300 in fact A330-200 is just a repaint of A330-300 model with less windows.

Same goes with A340-200 & 300 and A340-500 & 600 I believe.

Virtual cabin is included only in individual model, not in a model with virtual cockpit so it's pretty useless in my opinion.

Graphically these products are indeed worse than freeware which I of course knew when I bought them (mainly wanted try try A332 and A345 merge with Wilco and get A320NEO which that product included), also I found many models to have weird graphical problems with cargo doors and such stuff.

The developer refused to fix those problems because I wrote negative preview of his product.

So no, as much as I try to find positive things about products I can find none from these ones made by AFS Design / Sold by Halycon Media especially because of the horrible support attitude I got. I would recommend getting Wilco Airbus or Thomas Ruth freeware. I'm glad I got refund from Simmarket.