Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhilH930

REX Ess Plus w O/D - unable to install

Hello,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with my below problems regarding rex ess plus w/ O/D. I've also posted on the Rex forums, but they are pretty slow and I don't even have access to the support forums - so not quite sure that will be of any use.

I purchased REX Ess Plus w O/D yesterday evening, and downloaded the full 8.5Gb zip file using a download manager. Now downloaded, I am attempting to install and have no success at all. I've followed the instructions in the manual for required FSX settings, and am staring at page 8 right now for all the instructions (e.g., where to install etc).

When unzipping the download file, I have 18 items:

- 13 Cab files

- directx_feb2010_redist

- dotNetFx35setup

- REXEssentialPlusOD

- REX Essential Plus Product Manual

I tried to install by double clicking 'REXEssentialPlusOD' (application file), but receive the following message:

'The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (320bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher'

To confirm my below sig, I am running Win 7 64 bit. My OS is on C:, FSX on D:, and right now my downloaded REX files on E: (data drive). I planned to install REX on my D: drive.

Can anyone help please? This is incredibly frustrating!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Win 7 64bit / I5-3570K / 16Gb DDR3 1600 / Nvidia GTX 660 Ti / No overclock

1 SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256gb (OS) / 1 SSD Samsung 840 Pro 128 gb (FSX) / 1 WD 1TB 7200 (Data)

FSX Acceleration / Internet Active / Avast Antivirus / Windows Firewall / UAC Off

Well that was a simple lesson learned. On my old machine I always used winzip, but for Rex I used Windows unzip utility (new build system). Well, I tried again with winzip, and, its now installed.

Phil, while I appreciate you responding back with the resolve, I must say I'm baffled by your statement in regards to 'slow' response from our team. You posted and were verified within 40 minutes. It IS the weekend and we all have families.

At any rate, I'm glad you got this resolved, and if you have any other issues, please keep in mind you are now verified on our support forum, so please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Apologies for my poor choice of words. I meant to say that the forum I was verified to post in seemed pretty inactive (at this time), and I was concerned about the possible time to resolve.

Thank you for the reply. I am delighted with Rex Essentials - the environment is simply amazing and I feel I've only just scraped the surface.