Hello, first post so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

This is regarding FSX:

On the default aircraft you are able to toggle both the cabin (window) lights as well as the tail logo lights using a key command (generally "L"). This will turn the light effect or texture on/off when selected. However, I've found with this POSKY 737-800 model (OSX738WE) the light texture is permanent depending on the actual day/night cycle of the sim. Other POSKY models, such as the 747-400F (OSX744FV4_CF6-80) DO allow the cabin/tail light textures to be toggled.

I understand that these lights are not defined in the [LIGHTS] section of the aircraft.cfg but rather controlled by the night textures in the aircraft texture folder (Os738body_r_l and Os738body_l_l).

My question is, how can I enable such an effect for the 737 as seen with the 747 or other default aircraft? I've reviewed various posts on the subject and have found two schools of thought; either modify the textures alpha or edit the model in material editor. Is this an issue with the model or an issue with my night textures?

Thanks.

You just change the alpha of the night textures. If the alpha is black, the lights will pretty much be on all the time at night, whereas if the alpha is white, it'll be switched on and off via the landing light switch.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Didn't seem to help. When I changed the alpha to all white it had a weird effect where the light could only be visible from certain odd angles. If it's all black then it's like the texture doesn't exist. There are no night effects. I'll attach one of the files in question.

The image is too big to upload but use the links in my OP to view the file in question. Here's the main image (http://i.imgur.com/gYUdkv3.jpg) and here's the alpha (http://i.imgur.com/wfYzFO0.jpg). So when I make that alpha all white it does the weird light effect. Still no toggle though, landing lights or otherwise.

Edit: I noticed that the toggle (with the landing lights) works when using the FS9 POSKY model in FSX. But then I lose the ability to add a VC to the model and it's not optomized for FSX. It seems something is lost in translation between the two models.

You need to recheck your alpha. I just looked at it, and looking straight at the screen, it looks all white. But when I repositioned my head to somewhere below the screen to look at it, you had some very light shades of gray. Even a light shade of gray will be enough to mess things up.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Those were the unedited original files. In photoshop I made sure to completely "paint" the alpha white. Would you be able to test the actual file with me and see if you can get the lights to be toggled?

I'm starting to feel like this isn't a alpha texture problem because the 747 model doesn't have an all white alpha but the lights are still toggled. Also with that model they aren't controlled by the landing lights but by a separate circuit just like the default fsx aircraft.