Sign in to follow this  
HendrixSRV

FSDreamteam O'Hare AFCAD problem

Hey, sorry in advance if this post is in the wrong section.

Anways, I have FSDT O'Hare 2.0. The problem is the AFCAD with AI. Some AI planes takeoff on the wrong runways in terms of wind direction. Ex. 220 @ 9kts and the ATC would scatter the planes on runways 4L/R, 10, 9L, 9R for T/O and Landing. But some planes are guided to the right runway like 28, 22L/R, 14L/R etc. This problem will eventually lead to some planes landing and taking off head on. I want to tell FSDT this but they will only deny it and tell me its a conflicting AFCAD (I checked and no other AFCAD is there) In addition, planes would sometimes land on imaginary runways. Anyone have a proper AFCAD for this? Maybe one that doesn't use the STARS technique? Thanks!

How do you know FSDT will deny it? Have you asked them already or had dealings with them in the past that leads you to think they would have such a negative response to your problem?

For starters, you need to load FSX then wait a few minutes for the weather to load, then go up to the in game menu and change the time forward a minute or a few seconds. That way the game will then load every AI again and have the proper runways depending on wind.

Sometimes the afcad file closes only one side of a runway, and that really confuses fsx, it can't handle it. So it assigns crazy runways. You should probably go buy AFX from Flight1 to be able to edit the afcad files yourself. It makes it easier.

So you buy AFX, then open up the KORD afcad file, and double click the runways, uncheck all the "close" boxes. Then go up to the main menu and in one of them is a runways section. Notice all the strange runways listed with very small lengths. Those are the invisible runways needed to trick FSX into opening up crossing runways. The only solution I have found to this problem of ATC assigning one of those phony runways is to change its location. Double click one in the list and change its latitude and longitude, to something very far away like high north.

Other then that, you just have to deal with this problem. Especially in airports like KLAX where 24 and 25 are used 99% of the time, but FSX will assign 6 and 7 if wind is calm or only a few knots.