Sign in to follow this  
Rations

Air China B747-400 Approaching Geneva: Three Times of Day

I was surprised by the beautiful dawn colors in this old recording of an Air China B747-400 approaching Geneva (LSGG) runway 23. (I fly only during the day because of DX10 incompatibility issues.)

For comparison, I have included the same view at day and at dusk. The colors may appear slightly too green-yellow (as they do on my 2008 Apple iMac) depending on your monitor, but look excellent on my FSX monitor (ViewSonic VA2702w) and decent on my iPad Mini. No color enhancement outside of FSX was used.

Add-ons:

Default FSX weather theme: Building Storms

EZCA

Fraps

FSDT LSGG

McPhat Studios: B747 WA3

Mogwaisoft Shade: Endless Summer

PMDG B747-400

REX Essentials Plus OD: African Dawn (dawn), Just Right (day), Exact (dusk)

CCA%20B747%20Dawn%20Resized.png

CCA%20B747%20Day%20Resized.png

CCA%20B747%20Dusk%20Resized.png

I am not sure how the iMac handles memory (in combination with FSX), but to me the textures seem to be too vague (at least if you look at our product pages and see what you may expect from our textures). Nevertheless I like the shots, especially the one at dusk.

I am not sure how the iMac handles memory (in combination with FSX), but to me the textures seem to be too vague (at least if you look at our product pages and see what you may expect from our textures). Nevertheless I like the shots, especially the one at dusk.

Thanks. I actually run FSX on a Dell XPS 8500. The original images are quite clear (are you referring to the slightly distorted Air China?), but compression has decreased sharpness. I can PM you the original Fraps PNG files if you would like.