Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CVO110

GEForce GTX670 - Looks great except.......

I installed my new Asus GEForce GTX670, applied NI example 4 of 6 in the "How To" guide with excellent results.
No Aliasing that I can see "except" taxing parallel to the runway edge markings and the threshold markings. A lot of
aliasing. Once on the runway, all is well. I do not have any aliasing with FSDreamteam airports: KLAS, KDFW and KORD.
Their perfect. Just on stock FSX airports. Changes I make in NI doesn't appear to change it at all. I have tried

several of the other examples but I think 4 of 6 is the better.

All aircraft, stock FSX and add-ons appear to be ok with no aliasing outside or on the VC that I can detect.

I had an Asus HD 7870 and it was perfect on all airports. No aliasing. It's only drawback was its memory. I think the
GSX670 renders better graphics though.

That's the only problem I seem to have. Would someone have any suggestions I could try?

Also DX10 seems to have disabled the ALT PrintScreen function. Would FRAPS be acceptable as a replacement for video
and  screen capture? Or is there another preference? I have no way to show what's happening.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the effort all of you have put forth in this forum.

Danny

That's the only problem I seem to have. Would someone have any suggestions I could try?

I don't understand what your problem is. 

During flights, you can capture the screen at any time by hitting the 'V' key.  The screenies go into the MyPictures\FSX Files.

If you are trying to make a picture of your settings or something on your desktop or on the Internet, the best tool is the Snipping Tool.  This is installed with Windows.  It is located in Start>All Programs>Assessories.  Once you click on it you can then go to the document you want to save and crop it.  Save it to a folder where you can easily find it.  Now, go to http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/ and upload the image and then find the BBCode and copy and paste it here.  Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Forgot to add.... If you post a screen shot, make sure it meets the image policy here at AVSIM (cannot exceed 1600W and 400KB weight). Thanks!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't understand what your problem is. 

During flights, you can capture the screen at any time by hitting the 'V' key.  The screenies go into the MyPictures\FSX Files.

If you are trying to make a picture of your settings or something on your desktop or on the Internet, the best tool is the Snipping Tool.  This is installed with Windows.  It is located in Start>All Programs>Assessories.  Once you click on it you can then go to the document you want to save and crop it.  Save it to a folder where you can easily find it.  Now, go to http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/ and upload the image and then find the BBCode and copy and paste it here.  Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Forgot to add.... If you post a screen shot, make sure it meets the image policy here at AVSIM (cannot exceed 1600W and 400KB weight). Thanks!

Thanks for the information Jim. I appreciate it and will get a snapshot.

Danny

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

49%
    $12,400.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now