Sign in to follow this  
robb13

FSX - Auto rudder - putting warning light etc when ON, into saitek FIP

I am not a programmer and know nothing of C++ but would like to amend an XML gauge file for the saitek FIP by adding to it so as it adds a prompt (text "AUTO") when the autorudder is ON.
I have got some existing script designed for a light activating (image shifting from off screen to on screen) when flaps are full down and have altered x and y and image name and size accordingly.
Can someone please advise what the  <Value> line needs to be to detect value as 1 when autorudder is activated or will this approach not work for autorudder.
I am hoping this is possible as I use the rocker switches on the saitek throttles all for events where pressing = on and press again = off, so as I get functionality for 6 switches instead of only 3. One event is autorudder and an indicator in the FIP would be good.

<!-- Auto Rudder -text AUTO displays when ON - Nothing when off-->
<Element>
    <Image Name="AUTO.bmp" ImageSizes="15,45,15,45" />
        <Shift>
        <Value Minimum="0" Maximum="1">(A:Trailing edge flaps0 left percent,percent) int 100 ==</Value>
        <Nonlinearity>
            <Item Value="0" X="315" Y="165" />
            <Item Value="1" X="65" Y="165" />
        </Nonlinearity>
        </Shift>
</Element>

sorry.. just realised I dropped this into the wrong forum..