Sign in to follow this  
lemonid

FSX stutters at regular intervals, please help!

Simple question does the aircraft textures load instantaneously when switching views as follows...

Load the VC from a 3d party add-on then wait 40 seconds and then switch to spot view repeat this but then then the other way around make sure to wait 40 seconds.

What is you're result?

Cheers,

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I don't get the aircraft instantly loading all the textures with a plane like PMDG777 and PMDG737 and I am battling stutters with a fresh reinstall.  I am following Word Not Allowed's setup guide for the most part (not doing Vsync) and I run in Windowed mode.

Just hoping to gain insight regarding this not seeing the textures right away.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

did you installed REX ?

I had big stutter problems with water animation set to 32 bit.

I switched back to DXT1 ? or whatever the option is called and problem is gone

did you installed REX ?

I had big stutter problems with water animation set to 32 bit.

I switched back to DXT1 ? or whatever the option is called and problem is gone

Thanks for the tip, I'll recheck. 

I am interested in the textures loading issue too if any one has any insights.  A complex plane like the PMDG 777 or the 737 will visibly take time loading textures after the 40 second wait period.  Strangely, at one point during my testing since reinstall, I noticed I didn't have the problem.

I am beginning to wonder whether I should or should not do BP=0.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.