Sign in to follow this  
flipflop7

GEX & Airport grass issue

Can anyone help,

I have Just bought an Alienware Desktop to eventually play FSX without any problems.

however, i have installed the usual addon programmes in the following sequence REX, UTX & GEX. After installing Rex & Utx i was getting nice green textured grass around the airport & flying albeit the place was rather flat. Now i have installed GEX the terrain has become more realistic athough the grass at low level flying and around the airport is rather drab and made up of large squares.

Any ideas guys on how to sort this or is this the norm. If normal i may have to remove GEX.

your comments would be appreciated.

GEX replaces your default fsx scenery texture files.  So, in reality, it is an upgraded FSX with optimized textures.  REX will take precedence over default (GEX) textures.  So, if REX replaced any default textures, then you overwrote them when you installed GEX.  You'll have to reinstall your Theme or textures in the REX program.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your prompt response however, tried to install theme and textures with no luck. should i unistall REX and then install REX again.? 

There should be a theme for grass too in REX.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I don't own REX but I thought all graphics software had grass textures.  Okay, just looked at AS2012 and they have no special textures for grass so that means the textures you are seeing are the default (GEX).  GEX textures are more optimized and provide better performance but, if you do not like the grass you'll have to uninstall it and go back to the FSX default.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

I think you may have to register at the REX forum to access this link but it may help with your issue.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1702-grass-texture-ii-fsx-only/

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals