Sign in to follow this  
robnewman76

Having a heck of a time getting the Q400 to load...

Hi all...

I have been discussing this with Majestic directly, and they have been great so far with their prompt replies and assistance... however I am now at a loss as to what might be happening... as are the good folks at Majestic.

I figured I would try asking the clever people here to see if there was any ideas out in the community? I'd hate to miss out on this!

Here is my issue:

When I select the Q400 and my starting airport, once the sim has loaded I end up in the cockpit and the airplane is slowly swaying left and right. A quick glance in an external view confirms that the gear is up and the airplane is floating a few feet off the ground in a position that would be correct if the gear was down. 

Also, in the VC, I have "placeholders" over all the PFD/MFD screens (a blue background with the appropriate screen name in whit text - Confirmation by Majestic that this means the .DLL is running). the MFD/PFD pop up windows show "not available" and the FMS pop up (shift-5) shows the buttons but has a solid green background only.

The control column is all the way left, as are the rudders and can not be moved. Similarly, the throttles and condition levers are "locked" in position.

Most switches and buttons seem to operate/animate exactly as they should (and the tool-tips display the correct setting), but there is no effect, as if there is no power available. the one exception is that the floor level and side window vent levers do not animate.

Obviously, in this state there is no way to operate the Q400. 

So far I have tried the following after discussion with Majestic:

1. Reinstalled DirectX

2. Updated my sound card drivers

3. Disabled unused "secondary" sound devices

4. Reinstalled the Q400 from a folder on the same drive as FSX, as adminstator

5. Set my FSX folder for full access by all users

6. Deleted my FSX.cfg to try a new, unedited version

7. Tried running with my joystick plugged in and removed

8. Tried running with locked and unlimted FPS

9. Reinstalled FSX and ensured I ran SP1 before running Acceleration

10. Reinstalled Simconnect

11. Checked the "trusted" section within the FSX.cfg to ensure the .DLL is trusted

12. Re-downloaded the installer to eliminate a bad download

None of the above had any effect. I still get the startup problems as decribed earlier. It appears that this is a rare issue, but it would also seem that a few others are also having the same or if not a very similar issue.

One other thing to note would be I am using the "offline" installer... I am still having issues using the online installer.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Sounds like a strange one Rob. Do you have any items in your device manager with a yellow ! or a red X on them?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sounds like a strange one Rob. Do you have any items in your device manager with a yellow ! or a red X on them?

Nope... Everything is accounted for and running... The only hardware I have that's not running is the integrated intel graphics module sound system...

Hi Rob,

Iam new around here but here it goes...

Two weeks ago I had issues with my recent buy of the ATR 72 500 from flight 1, and as a reminder it´s from 2007 and not a new aircraft in FSX.  After alot of issues including transparent liveries, I came to the conclusion that my ATR became a corrupted install.  When that happens there´s nothing much that you or support can do.  Reinstalling or any tweaks you can do will not help. At least that I or the support team knew.

Some things that come to mind...

- Did you clear your registry before a new reinstall and all files regarding the Q 400?

- I know this sounds silly but a defrag sometimes helps.

- Is your graphics driver up to date?

- Are you sure your not missing a .dll file on your Q 400? Can you verify with Majestic?

- I know this is a difficult one but could you install the Q 400 on another pc that has FSX?

- And the last and most radical try would be a full format of your drive with a fresh new windows install.

Could be an issue with the offline installer, Majestic would have to help you with that.

Hope you can get it fixed Rob, these are just things that come to mind. I don´t have the Q 400 yet.

Wish you the best on this!

Best regards,

Mike

Nope... Everything is accounted for and running... The only hardware I have that's not running is the integrated intel graphics module sound system...

Can you post some PC specs? 

Have you calibrated your joystick with the software that came with it?

Do other 3rd party add-on aircraft work ok?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ive got the same problem. I have also been discussing this with the Majestic support team. They said due to the complex software the dash 8 uses they are unable to guarantee it will work on every pc. If you find a solution please let me know  :wink2:

Can you post some PC specs? 

Have you calibrated your joystick with the software that came with it?

Do other 3rd party add-on aircraft work ok?

Specs are as follows:

MSI GT70 Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor (2.4 GHz), 16Gb RAM, 4Gb GTX 675MX, 128Gb SSD System drive, 750Gb SATA drive)

I did check my joystick with the Q400 control panel, and it seemed to be working just fine...

All my other 3rd party aircraft (Alabeo, Carenado, Realair, A2A amongst others) work just fine.

One quick update, I just received an email from Majestic explaining that the issue is under investigation right now... There are two theories... Either a missing .DLL or perhaps a copy protection problem. 

Good to know Majestic are on the case, so fingers crossed!

I had same problem yesterday/today.

I formatted my windows as I got tired of how cluttered it was and FSX aswell. Reinstalled fsx, all my UTX GEX from EU and North America and then finally, Q400. I got this exact problem, and went ahead and tried to install it as administrator, reboot after install and then load FSX, do same but download new installer from just flight and copy it to the drive my FSX is now installed.. No luck with those tricks. 

Now as I got desperate i started looking around for help, found this thread and the FAQ on majestics website, and luckily, I got it to work by doing the steps on the FAQ! I installed newest DirectX from the link and downloaded the drivers for my onboard soundcard (Windows did install some drivers for the soundcard, but I didn't get the Realtek Audio Manager program so something was missing).

Anyways... After setting my windows up to date the same installation of dash (!!) which didn't work now does! :smile: