Sign in to follow this  
raymar

What new feature or maybe what fixed feature are you looking forward to in v2.0?

Hello All,

I'm curious as what one or two features the P3D community is looking forward to experiencing with v2.0?

I guess mine is seeing what the environment looks like in DirectX 11.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ryan, I would be satisfied with the scenery and performance of MS FLIGHT Hawaii, would like to see the major problems with reciprocating, turbo and jet engine ironed, including things like the lean bug and the prop RPM vs MP bugs (inherited from FSX by both MS FLIGHT and LM Prepar3d)...

I would also like to see the new records for MOIs that are present in MS FLIGHT and certainly contributed to the overall much better flight characteristics of the best MS FLIGHT models :-)

Ground physics also need a touch. MS FLIGHT had it much better than FSX and Prepar3d!

On the picky side there are things like...

Weather modelling:
===============

- Non ISA pressure variation with altitude, and extending the highest modelled levels up to the exosphere to allow for future orbital flights modelling....
This non-ISA feature could easily be added, just as the temperature profiles can already be customized. Good weather injectors like the one I use - AS2012 SP2 - do a
remarkable job n this area, but no one ever modelled the "temperature side" of the well known - "From High to Low watch out bellow!!!" - and allowing for pressure gradients other than ISA would allow for such common effects all pilots know about...

Flight and Systems:
===============

- A new core rotary wing model allowing for much better helicopters, gyros, etc... to be designed;
- Variable geometry lift generation surfaces, as well as vectored thrust, without having to cheat with the FDE....

- Being a platform with "Education" in the focus, I would really like to have a good FD Editor, with comprehensive GUIs and Manuals to allow for "students"  like your's trully to start designing / modifying the flight and systems of aircraft and water vehicles :-)

I'll add to this list ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

JComm,

Do yo have any indications that any of those items on your list are actively being worked on for the v2.0 update?  I would not expect any of those MS Flight features to be included in the LM update of ESP.  They are two totally different bunch of programmers at two totally different companies working on two totally different programs. (Well, MS is no  longer working on anything to do with FS)

Ray

JComm,

Do yo have any indications that any of those items on your list are actively being worked on for the v2.0 update?  I would not expect any of those MS Flight features to be included in the LM update of ESP.  They are two totally different bunch of programmers at two totally different companies working on two totally different programs. (Well, MS is no  longer working on anything to do with FS)

Ray

Unfortunately I don't Ray :-/  

Anyway, the DX11 stuff will be nice to have by itself, and just as it is now, with good add-ons, Prepar3d is more than sufficient for me.

When I really want to "get my hands" on a p51d, I start DCS World ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Unfortunately I don't Ray :-/  

Anyway, the DX11 stuff will be nice to have by itself, and just as it is now, with good add-ons, Prepar3d is more than sufficient for me.

When I really want to "get my hands" on a p51d, I start DCS World ;-)

Did you read the press release from A2A about their Cessna 172 for the AOPA JAY?  The OS for the JAY is Prepar3d so maybe this will open the door for A2A to have dual installers for many of their WOP3 sims, similar to  how Carenado is doing it now.

Ray

Yep, just as Flight1 and Aerosoft, and even, maybe, PMDG :-)

Main Simulation Rig: