Hi all,

Carenado let me trade out the B200 for the PA46.  Already took it up for a flight and very, very pleased with both it's FDE and the 'checklist complete' part of it...ony a few things seem stubbed out.    Didn't seem like we had a good checklist so I went digging and found lots of docs on the PA46-DLX here....

http://www.jetag.ch/index.php/de/airplane/training-manuals

With a cursory look, seems like the numbers are fairly close or a good place to start for a decent checklist.

Flies very nice.,,really good framerates...good climber and, wow, you don't need much runway.  Of course, it's a looker.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just some thoughts after some flights today...

The one thing I wish for this airplane is that it would make sounds on landing.  My guess is it would have some good rattles RW. 

In terms of the FDE it does have the quality feel that the C337 has.  I was up in some pretty bumpy conditions and it felt pretty real...tossed around pretty good.  In terms of the systems, I'm still trying to figure out how all the glass interacts.  RealityXP integration seems good.  I wish the PFD was higher resolution.  I think there's a small bug in the autopilot...seems to use the magnetic compass for heading instead of the VSI.  I was sitting on the ground reading and when I took off again it wasn't turning to the heading bug but, rather, seemed to be following the magnetic heading which was about 10 degrees different than the heading bug. 

I love the views.  Hard to believe that this thing lands at 80 knots. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM