Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aleks747

MD-11 T/D problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with the PMDG MD-11 when i reach the top of descend the plane wont descend i do everything correclty and i still have problems i readed the manuals and everything but i cant find a solution and in the MCDU i have a problem the altitude is not shown on the T/D as on T/C :(

can someone please help me?

Thank you

i have a problem the altitude is not shown on the T/D as on T/C

The double quote - " - is a convention in the English language (perhaps in others as well) to mean "the same as the last."  The double quote there is essentially the FMC simply saying "yeah, you're still at FL380, I just don't feel like displaying that a hundred times."  You'll note, you'll be leaving your current altitude at FL380, and the very next fix has an altitude displayed.  It's simply displaying FL380 once, using " for any subsequent times, and then only displaying another altitude if it is different.

I have a problem with the PMDG MD-11 when i reach the top of descend the plane wont descend i do everything correclty and i still have problems i readed the manuals and everything but i cant find a solution

I highly doubt you're doing everything correctly if the plane is not doing what it is supposed to.  Have you rolled the altitude down on the MCP?  Is the aircraft in PROF mode?

A picture of the PFD would be very helpful.