Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyBaby

DreamFoil Bell 206...handling is off...maybe

I have the following helis for xp10...

1) MBB / Kawasaki BK-117

2) X-Rotors Augusta

3) MD-902 Explorer

4) S-92 Sikorsky

I can manage all of the above fairly well...and I am very light on the controls (which are on the far left of sensitivity / realism settings). However, the DF Bell 206 is so loose...it seems to just pitch and roll with extreme exaggeration to almost any input.

I had a similar issue with the S-92 Sikorsky until I realized I had loaded XP9 files as opposed to xp10 in the directory. When I initially purchased the Bell 206, I was not given version 1.2, but later the xp-org store sent me another link, but this version 1.2 had no additional liveries. I think I still may not have the right version…something is missing.

Any thoughts from owners of the DF Bell 206?

I do not own XP10, nor the DF B206, but I can offer my opinion from the fact that the models you're comparing are all very different in terms of artificial stability systems, used on those you list and not quite so on an old Bell 206...

My recent experience with the DCS Bell UH-1H shows how different a good helicopter model should handle when comparing it to the KA-50 co-axial model... Flying the Bell UH-1H is a true example of how different it is to control those older helicopter models :-)

From what I recall, X-Plane does a good job at replicating rotary wing. Maybe the authors didn't use artificial stability for the B206 - and that is indeed realistic!