I have two entries here,

[Display.Device.NVIDIA. GeForce GTX 660 .0]

Mode=1920x1200x32

TriLinear=1

AntiAlias=1

MipBias=8

[Display.Device.NVIDIA. GeForce GTX 660 .1]

Mode=1920x1200x32

There are conflicting statements on the forum as to why there are two entries - some say for different drivers - but most say that this is for two displays. But it seems that everyone has two entries here, even when they use only one monitor in FS. Is the second entry created there by FS 'just in case' (another monitor is added)?

My real question is this: I do in fact use two monitors in FS9: the larger one has a resolution of 1920x1200 and the smaller (for all my desktop icons and displaying FSNavigator, mostly) 1680x1050. Both entries in the fs9.cfg file show the larger screen resolution however, as above. If the two entries are for two monitors, why has FS set the resolution info as the same? I haven't altered the values manually..

Thanks for any elucidation!

Martin

It's really the number of monitor outputs available, read from your video card driver. Your entries are perfectly normal.

Hi Jim  .. long time since we were in touch - nice to get a message from you. Hope all is OK with you. I just moved back to the UK after being abroad for many, many years. Upside is constant access to my FS9 PC!

I just wondered why the 2nd. entry has the same resolution as the first. I do get some flickering on the second monitor, which I never had before. (The GTX660 is new, a replacement, under warranty for the old GTX470, which had problems).

Martin

Make sure the monitor settings are correct in FS meaning to pull down the .1 monitor in FS.

Also make sure the settings for monitor 2 are set up in your video driver.