Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

owinfrey

Problems with key assignments with FSUIPC

Hi Everyone, 

I'm new to this forum and recently installed PMDG 737NGX.

Everything works fine with mouse clicks but I cannot assign key controls to my BU0836X card using FSUIPC to PMDG aircrafts.

Default FSX 737 aircrafts works fine.

I'm using FSX with SP2, registered copy of FSUIPC 4.853 and using PMDG 737-800/900NGX v1.00.3219.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi Everyone, 

I'm new to this forum and recently installed PMDG 737NGX.

Everything works fine with mouse clicks but I cannot assign key controls to my BU0836X card using FSUIPC to PMDG aircrafts.

Default FSX 737 aircrafts works fine.

I'm using FSX with SP2, registered copy of FSUIPC 4.853 and using PMDG 737-800/900NGX v1.00.3219.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi Owinfrey,

There's a section on key commands for the NGX in the "NGX Introduction" manual (page 69).  You might want to check that out.  This option allows you to assign key commands to an extensive number of NGX functions through the NGX's own CDU.  Some have already been assigned and you may want to start with those to try them out.  One of our forum members posted this link some time ago, which you may find helpful as it lists the default PMDG NGX key commands :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Agzygdxo2QxrdEd6WERZZWlMV2ROeWlKb0RfQWJ1MHc&output=html

I'm not familiar with Leo Bodnar's cards, but my understanding is that you can connect hardware buttons and switches to them which will then be recognised by Windows as "joystick" buttons.  FSUIPC can then assign key commands (such as the NGX ones) to such "joystick" buttons which means that when you press one, this will have the same effect as typing the command into your keyboard.  Hope this helps.

Oh and BTW, you may want to sign your posts with your name from now on !

Hi Emile,

I've been pulling what hair I have left out trying to find alternatives. 

I'll check out page 69 and the key command list. Right I'm just concerned with the MCP functions though this will be great info for the entire sim.

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate your information,

Olin.

Finally got the MCP working with the PMDG key setting options!

Very happy camper!

Thanks Emile, 

Olin.

Finally got the MCP working with the PMDG key setting options!

Very happy camper!

Thanks Emile, 

Olin.

Good to hear :yahoo: !  Have fun.