Sign in to follow this  
Rob Haynes

LevelD 767 & FSX Freezes After Lengthy Pauses

Hi guys, I posted this issue I have run into at the LevelD forums, but didn't really get an answer other than the pause was too long.  Any one seen this before:

Hello Everyone!

I purchased the LevelD 767 Monday and ran into an issue last night with it.  I searched the forums, and didn't find an answer so I figured I would ask.

I did my first flight in the LD767 doing KLAX-KILN. I was at T/D near KILN when I paused my flight Monday night.  When I resumed it last night, FSX would freeze for about a minute, start working again, and freeze again in 20-30 seconds for another minute.  It was an ongoing cycle.

When running I had normal FPS (20-25), I shut down any unnecessary programs, and my computer was running good per task manager.

I eventually canned the 4 hour flight because I was getting to irritated.

Anyone else have this problem, only other time I saw this was with the original AirbusX from Aerosoft. With the AirbusX, it happened everytime the flight was paused for an extended period of time.  Is this going to be a common problem with the Level D 767?

I was running my VA's AVARS system on top of FSX, REX, GEX USA, UTX USA, ASE and Ultimate Traffic II AI.

My set up is FSX w/ Acceleration, Windows7, Intel 3.2GHZ quadcore processor, 6GB Ram, Radeon HD5700 1GB video card and a 1TB HD.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Like I said the only other time I have had this issue is with the original Aerosoft AirbusX.  I can normally pause a flight overnight, and resume with no problems with other payware from PMDG, iFly, QualityWings and the new AirbusX.

Other than trying a complete re-install any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org