Sign in to follow this  
bic

[RESOLVED] View New Content Aging Fast

Within last two days or so, View New Content seems to be aging new content very quickly.  In other words, I click it once to see new articles, then I click again and to see new posts.  If I then click on a forum  from the new posts list and then go back with my browser button within a minute, it says no new content -- it's  like I've read all the new posts.  Any ideas how I might change this so it does not mark them all as read that fast?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

ditto............+1

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

What browser are you using? I am using the latest version of Firefox and that doesn't happen to me.

From day 1 on AVSIM I am using IE9. As the earlier post indicated this has just started to happen in the last 2-3 days.

Regards,

Bob

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Firefox here version 20.1

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I cleared all the avsim cookies and logged in again.  It seems to be better. 

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I logged in from a different computer (still with IE9) and it seemed to be OK. I will go back to the other system, clear the avsim cookies and try it there. Thanks BIC!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

It seems somewhat better, I have about five more threads on the new content page (before I had many many pages).  It still seems to age even those five threads out. 

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Same here, I still get a full page or so at first selection, and then after reading any forum post, everything ages and disappears. Anyone else finding this kind of problem? Does not seem to be browser based since OP and I have different browsers but experiencing the same problem.

Thanks,

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

I am accepting all cookies, including AVSIM. Also I am excluding certain forums (i.e. X-Plane, FLY, FLIGHT) perhaps it is related to having some exclusions set?

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

I'm not blocking any cookies.

This morning, I had a couple pages of new posts.  I clicked on FSX forum for one of the posts, did not read any posts, went back to new content and had several pages still.  I then clicked on a  Hangar Header, I read one post, hit my back key and then get now new content. 

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

If ANYONE else is reading this PLEASE provide any insight as to what might be causing this problem. Is anyone else, besides the two of us having this problem? I just went to View New Content, it should a total of 5 pages, went from 1st page to 2nd page, and that is it, remaining items on page 2 gone and NO pages 3-4-5.................. The only way I can see the post is to see ALL posts for the last 24 hours..........not convenient at all......

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

If ANYONE else is reading this PLEASE provide any insight as to what might be causing this problem. Is anyone else, besides the two of us having this problem? I just went to View New Content, it should a total of 5 pages, went from 1st page to 2nd page, and that is it, remaining items on page 2 gone and NO pages 3-4-5.................. The only way I can see the post is to see ALL posts for the last 24 hours..........not convenient at all......

When you view content using the VIEW NEW CONTENT link at the top right hand of the page, you are showing all messages posted since your last read of the forums. No matter what you have read, the VNC shows you what has been posted since your LAST visit. Okay, so, click on the VNC and pick a message; any message. Now, once you have finished reading the message, DO NOT USE THE BACK key/button/arrow etc. While in the message, click on the VNC link again. As long as you have not taken hours to do so, reading a message and then clicking on the VNC should take you back to the start of the messages you have not read, but that are new since your last cookie was placed. And yes, no one seems to be having this issue besides you, as far as I can tell.

OK Tom I will fall on my sword!!! It is tought some times to get an "old dogface" to learn something new!!! :lol:

I did EXACTLY as you said and it works fine!!! My apologize for being soooooo slooooww........................

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab