Sign in to follow this  
XPX64man

Need Help With Saitek Switch Panels

Hello,

I have several Saitek Pro Flight Switch (and other) Panels that work perfectly in FSX, yet I cannot seem to get them to work correctly in X-Plane.

I have installed the Saitek plug-in, but it seems that it will make it so that everything has to be done through the Saitek panels and it locks out the switches in the virtual cockpit.

With FSX, if I want to turn the BAT switch on within the virtual cockpit, I'm free to do that, even with the Saitek panel active.  I can still start the aircraft within the virtual cockpit and use the Saitek panel gear lever to raise the landing gear, or the radio panel to set the radios.

With X-Plane, if I have the Saitek plug-in and panels active, all of the BAT switches will be locked inside the virtual cockpit, so that I cannot follow the normal procedure for starting the aircraft, like the FJS 727.  I am limited to just using the switch panel and twisting the start knob on it, to start the aircraft (very unrealistic).  I cannot flip the BAT switches on within the virtual cockpit, but have to use the switch panel.

It's hard to explain, but the Saitek panels will not seem to work in X-Plane, with the same functionality that they do in FSX.

Has anyone had this experience and found a way to work around it?  I would appreciate any help.

I bought the Volair Sim Cockpit and have it set up with all of my Saitek panels, but can't seem to use them in X-Plane and I am leaning toward getting away from FSX, so I really want to get my Saitek panels working correctly.

Thank you,

Bob

Thank you for the links and your help.

I am using the Xsaitekpanels plugin now and get some functionality with the panels, but not near the same quality as I'm used to in FSX.

This may be just as good as it gets in XPlane, but I will keep reading and trying to see if it will get any better.

Thank you,

Bob

I've got all my Saitek panels running including the BIP. Xsaitek plugin takes care of the radio and autopilot, but the bip is more complicated. I'm away from my machine at the mo, but I can help after the weekend.

Best wishes,

Jess B

Thank you Jess.  I don't use the BIP yet.  All that I have is the Switch Panel, Multi-Panel, Radio Panel and TPM.

Everything seems to be working ok now, I just don't have any LED display on my Multi-Panel.

If I remember correctly the Multi Panel will come up blank when first starting XP using Sparkers plug in and you just have to turn one of the controls (knobs) for it to come to life.

My set up was working fine till I updated to windows 8.1, now the multi panel functions but I have no led screen on the panel, it remains dark. In the past I did have to turn a knob or hit a button and it would come to life. I used it all morning and it seemed fine now the panel is in the dark, if anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scot

Ditto

Everthing was working fine until I loaded windows 8.1 from windows8.. Same problem everthing works fine but no led dispay on multi panel ,control knobs works no probs

?????  Kepp