G'day

Last week I got a new throttle quadrant pz45 to go with my Saitek pro flight yoke system that has a throttle quadrant as well.

And today I made my centre console and fitted the 2 quadrants and now im getting lots of problems with FSX thinking the 2nd quadrant is a yoke.

When I move the levers up and down the yoke in the plane will move. So I deleted the settings shut down FSX and start it back up and the same settings are back again.

I ended up installing the Saitek software to see if this would fix my problems and it didn't so I removed that as well.

I also deleted the control.xml to have FSX make a new one yet and im still getting all the same kind of problems only with the new quadrant plugged in.

I don't know if its the new quadrant or what is going on with this.

And for a test I used fsuipc to use the 2nd quadrant and the one with the red handel to set the flaps. The flaps worked just in reverse then I moved the left handel the black one that was not setup and that was moving the flaps as well even thou it was not setup to do so.

Is there away I can clear all the settings for the controls as setting to default in FSX looks like its not even working. Or should I try the default with all yokes and quadrants and control.xml removed ?

I really with love to know whats going on and how to fix it.

FSX SP2

Win7 64

12GB ram

Saitek panels using SPAD drivers

Thanks Darryl

This is the trouble with "plug and play" !

I suggest you select "disable joystick from within FSX settings, and then assign and calibrate everything through FSUIPC. You dont need the Saitek software.

It will take you a bit of time to set everything up but once you are done, you wont have this problem again

Peter

Peter Schluter

Use FSUIPC instead of FSX for controller assignments.  I have 2 Saitek throttle quads and this works for me.  

This is the trouble with "plug and play" !

I suggest you select "disable joystick from within FSX settings, and then assign and calibrate everything through FSUIPC. You dont need the Saitek software.

It will take you a bit of time to set everything up but once you are done, you wont have this problem again

Peter

Well what I had done was sent the  2 quadrant back after a phone call and got a new one sent to myself and I went to set it up today and im getting the same problems. I have done as you did say "disable joystick from within FSX settings, and then assign and calibrate everything through FSUIPC."

The problem im getting only on the new quadrant is when I calibrate in FSUIPC the rage is -16835 to 16835. when I try and calibrate it will go from -16835 0 then jump to 16835. The jump happens in the last say 2mm of movement 0 then 16835. In game controllers when I move the sticks I don't have the problems of them jumping.

So I don't think its the controller as its been replaced so I have the same old problem with a new controller.

I would love some help of this one please.

Darryl

I would start by calibrating the quadrant in windows device manager. Then open FSX, and make sure "disable joystick " is still selected. In FSUIPC ASSIGNMENT tab (not calibration) move an axis while pressing the "rescan" button a few times. Can you see full range of movement ?

Peter Schluter