Sign in to follow this  
oktorn777

Autogen like an ex-girlfriend!

Hi all! I installed the FS9 patch yesterday and it has worked just about right for me. The only one minor complaint I have though is about the Autogen. Before the patch, I noticed while flying autogen would smoothly transition and show up very nicely. Now with the patch installed, autogen just "pops" up in places instead of smoothy coming into view. It actually isn't that big of a problem, but it is slightly annoying.Has anyone else notice anything like this?Thanks!BrianBash :-wave

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

Guest B52Drivr

Yep, Brain,I've noticed. And I've reinstalled my xml.bak to the autogen file, and I'm seriously considering uninstalling the patch as my unit ran fine without it, and it was as fast as I needed and everything worked pretty fine. Now, my textures in the distance are VERY blury and I still had a lockup when I cranked the system up 20% . . .(this is a FS problem as related to CPU as NO other program objects to the 20% OC.Oh, well, can't have everything, and in truth, I'm sure it has helped tons of FS users, but those of us who have heavily modified FS to be what WE want it to be, probably won't see much of it. As for the bridges, I had already replace all of them with LAGO FSE anyways.BestClay

Interesting guys, mine might be related. I lost ALL my autogen trees. They pop up as I scan around as white squares. Trying my 3rd patch install and each install takes my PC 1 1/2 hours.

the patch, the patch...To be honest for me nothing changed. I don't care about the bridges and that's the only change that I can detect. The sim runs pretty much the same as before or even slightly slower.Bottomline is the sim would run the same or even slightly better without the patch on my system. But it is hard to uninstall it because it's a patch...At least the patch takes only about a minute to install on my system:-kewlI didn't the patch to make a big difference, but even with low expectations it's a disappointment...Claudio