Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rein2

Airline Transport Pilot Lessons

Hi there,

My name is Rein from Holland and I am an addicted FS fan for a few years now. Now is the time for me to step over to the Jets.
I find it important to understand the theory behind flying. So I started following the lessons in FS9/FSX. Private pilot, instrument pilot and commercial pilot. 

I passed the checkrides so now I have several certificates.

I started reading the first lesson for ATP (Airline Transport Pilot). After that I started the practical part; flying the default 737 (Jet checkout)

Here is my problem. I find it very, very difficult to keep the plane under control. The speed is too high or the pitch too low/high or vertical speed not good and so on. I trim and I trim but

I can't get it good under control. I use a saitek yoke and throttle quadrant. That seems right to me or not?

My question is: has anyone of you passed the first lesson of ATP not to speak about the second lesson and so on. What's your secret. Do you have some tips. Do I need to have more patience and try over and over again. Please let me know. I want to go for the ATP certificate.

Rein

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!