Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Quicky on Landclass ??????

I am installing LC for a specific area so my question is can I just make a folder in the add-on scenery directory, name it landclass and activate it in FS9... if the answer is yes... can I put ALL area specific LC in the same folder for say different sceneries so if and when I fly to these areas it is correct.Thanks in advanceSteve

There's some simple rules to follow when installing landclass....First--and most important....A folder containing landclass has a scenery subfolder (where the actual BGL goes), but MUST NEVER have a texture subfolder! Basically this means landclass bgl's should never get dumped into a scenery subfolder folder with a larger scenery package, such as one that updates airports, etc... Keep Landclass isolated from other types of scenery.I tend to keep my landclass in a common folder... But most of my landclass is self made, although I have a few landclass files my users have created. People with dozens of landclass files have the option of adding a bit more organization to it.Hope this helps...JohnAuthor, Landclass Assistant

Hi there,don't want to complicate the issue but if an expert says that a landclass file "MUST NEVER have a texture subfolder" I get nervous because some of my landclass projects indeed REQUIRE the accompanying texture folder (with local replacement textures) to work as intended. I don't want people to go on wild chases of landclass files, moving them all into a common folder and then complaining that my stuff (and perhaps similar landscape projects of others) doesn't work ;-)For explanation regarding the exemptions, see here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=202&page=2Cheers, Holger