Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

Crash to Desktop When Selecting the Aircraft

Why can't I merely install an addon that works perfectly without any issues...

I purchased the MD-11, installed it, all was fine. It asked me to install those additional programs that are essential for the addon to work properly, I approved and the installation was complete. Then I fired up the sim and approved when it asked me whether it should load those .gau files (maybe even .dll files, I don't remember). But upon selecting the aircraft FSX crashed, no matter what I tried to do to prevent it from crashing. Subsequently, already feeling anger crawl up my neck, I reinstalled it. But still no success. Likewise, removing that dll.xml file from its folder which had already led to success a couple of times didn't work either.

I've heard of other people also suffering from exactly this issue but I haven't been able to find any solution so far...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Two things that could cause this come to my mind:

1) Your dll.xml is messed up. I doubt that, though, because you state that you were promted to trust the dlls, which means the dll.xml is readable to your computer and points to the correect location.

2) You do not have SP1 installed. The system requirements state that at least FSX SP1 is installed, and I remember that after a reinstall I forgot that I should install ACC (or at least SP1) before installing the MD-11, and I always got a CTD the second I selected this plane. Uninstalling it and re-installing it after ACC eliminated this.

I'm answering to your second suggestion first because I can instantly rule that one out, ACC is installed and SP1 of course as well if this comes with ACC.

Regarding your first suggestion, I've read about corrupted dll.xml files on the PMDG website and checked mine with Notepad++ but it appears to be okay so I can probably rule this one out as well.

Thanks for your help though..

I should probably add that the crash report said the name of the faulty module was PMDG_MD11_ACS.DLL.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD