Sign in to follow this  
hightower

FS9 to FSX Aircraft with VC's don't like rain

Now here is one I have no explanation for. Some basic info. Two particular AC that I've run into this problem are the FS9 A2A B-17 and the FS9 Cal Classic DC-7B, (both with VC's) that I ported over to FSX. I set up a flight today with the B-17 and OPUS loaded in the lousy rainy weather we've had here for almost a week. Started off in the 2D panel and then switched to the VC. Raining heavily outside. Three or four flickers later, all the outside textures (land, runway, sky, clouds and rain), completely disappeared. Tried a scenery refresh but still nothing to be seen on the outside.

I then used FSUIPC to clear all weather and all the missing textures re-appeared as the weather was clear. I then experimented with the FSX static weather themes and they all allowed outside textures to show when in the VC mode. However, when a weather theme that contained any rain was selected, along with selecting the VC, the outside textures simply disappeared again. All that was visible through the windows was a blank mild blue color. Switch back to the 2D panel and all textures, including the rain, reappear.

Any explanation for why this happens or is this just one reason why some FS9 AC don't work properly in FSX?

Thanks