Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MDF86

How to use FSUIPC to program "Spot View" to a button?

I want to set a joystick button to "Spot View" and the closest I've come in FSUIPC is using it to assign a joystick button to the cycle view option, which means I have to cycle through cockpit, spot, tower etc.

I'm sure there's a way to set a button to Spot View specifically, could someone please give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

BA757, on 27 May 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

I want to set a joystick button to "Spot View" and the closest I've come in FSUIPC is using it to assign a joystick button to the cycle view option, which means I have to cycle through cockpit, spot, tower etc.

I'm sure there's a way to set a button to Spot View specifically, could someone please give me a nudge in the right direction?

Thanks

I created a lengthy reply detailing the process but when I hit "add reply" this $^&**()( forum
software decided NOT to add the reply. I am guessing it didn't like the fact I was trying nto
insert two images although it never indicated a problem!!

So, below is a link that MAY help. I don't have the patience to deal with this forum
software and attempt to re-create my original reply!!!

In the Aircraft.cfg file add the statement "HotKeySelect=x" to the end of the "CameraDefinition.y" entry for the view you want to assign a button to. Then find the "View Select" command in the FSUIPC4 buttons & switches assignment menu and set the parameter to "x"...the HotKeySelect number you chose above.

See the link below for doing thisd in the FSX Controls menu as well.

Paul

A Link here

Thank you very much Paul, sorry to hear about the forum issues. I will have a look at your link. Appreciate your help!

Assign/link a button using keyboard commands for spot views.