Sign in to follow this  
fbass

B737NGX Unable to delete and unable to re-install

I don't know what happened to my system but FSX suddenly stopped working. Nothing I tried seemed to help. I instituted a restore to a previous system installation. It didn't fix the problem. The restore point was back to a point where I had uninstalled the PMDG B738-9 - except there was still an entry in the Windows 7 "Programs and Features" list. I tried to uninstall the program from there but I received and error that indicated that setup.exe had failed. I also tried to re-install the aircraft and a message displayed indicating that I had a previous installation of the program so the install program terminated.

At present, I have no PMDG folders in my SimObjects/Airplane or FSX main folders, I can't uninstall the aircraft and I can't re-install it.

I thought perhaps I could manually edit my Windows registry to fix the problem. I removed one folder index and that didn't fix the problem. There were no other registry entries associated with PMDG.

Can someone please help? I'd like to get back to flying.

Frank Bass

Current System: ASUS P6X58D Premium mobo; Intel i7-980 Extreme CPU (liq cooled); Corsair DDR3 12GB RAM; AMD Eyefinity 6 card, AMD 7900 cards - 2; ASUS HD monitors (6); 19" touch screen monitor; Windows7 Pro 64-bit; Ultra X4 1000wat PSU; and numerous USB aircraft joysticks and switches. FSX Accel +; fsuipc (payware); Vipre Internet Security; no overclock.

My suggestion  would be  to try using  ccleaner  and hopefully it will  solve your  issues,  once  fixed best bet  is  not  to use  the restore  option usually  makes things  worse.   Best bet if  you want  to to back up your  hard  drive  is  to use  a payware  addon  to mirror  your hard  drive to an external   drive.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I ran ccleaner and registry repair and it did not fix the problem. Note: All of my computer files - especially FSX - are backed up on other disk drives.

Is there some other solution? Will uninstalling FSX and re-installing it get rid of the setup.exe error and allow me to re-install the B738?

Frank

I thought of something else. Since my system is telling me that the setup.exe file has an error, would it be possible to download the original package to see if my files are corrupted. I don't know how to do this since my product download has expired. Would this help?

Frank