Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dazza3732

Problems with landings :-(

Hello im Darren and I have only just joined AVSIM.        

Im having a few problems while flying the PMDG 747 Queen of the skies.     When landing with the autobrakes set,  I cannot always get the reversers to work,  sometimes they come on while finger is pressed on the button but soon as I let go they go off, also the autobrakes reset to disarm even though the plane is still hurtling along the runway at high speed.....................

Secondly and again not always, when I have managed to slow the aircraft down I turn the plane off the runway using the rudder , when the rudder and nose wheel locks into the opposite position??   

This is starting to annoy me a lot as it happens after completing a long flight only for it to go wrong and spoil the whole flight so close to shutting down at the gate............... I have reconfigured and calibrated my cyborg x joystick and this problem only happens occasionally......

Any help would be most welcome.          Darren

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rudder and tiller locking is likely because you did an autoland and forgot to disconnect the AP on the roll out. Common reverser issue is down to not having your throttle correctly calibrated with a wide enough null zone. Throttle needs to be fully at idle for reverse to kick in and hold.

Autobrakes disarm from pressure on the pedals, if you do have rudder pedals again make sure you have a good null zone set.

If non of the above helps it would be a good idea to head over the PMDG 747 sub forum on Avsim

Regards

Thank you very much for your replies, 

I have just completed several full stop landings at Dubai and I am very happy to say after applying your advice  all is as should be :-) 

Many thanks  :-)