Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Ultimate GA Gulfstream 4 AI

I am using the World of AI Ultimate GA Gulfstream 4 package in FSX, and it seems to work fine. However, I have noticed a problem with the model itself. Sometimes when taxiing, the plane's main wheels spin 360 degrees on a horizontal plane....and they do it constantly. Can someone tell me if there is a fix for this?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I noticed that, too.  :lol:

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong, but it can't be corrected unless you get the source .mdl files from the author.  Editing attach points, animations, etc. on an aircraft model requires decompiling, then re-compiling the .mdl files, and this can't be done in FSX unless you have the source file itself.  Trying to decompile the .mdl from the SimObjects folder will either result in nothing happening, the file getting mis-translated, or animations, attach points, bones, etc. not functioning correctly.

Sorry.

I may just install the Gulfstream 3 and 5 instead......unless they suffer from the same problem?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I may just install the Gulfstream 3 and 5 instead......unless they suffer from the same problem?

I don't know about skipping it altogether.  The problem is relatvely minor.  That would be akin to throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

The G4 gives you plenty of badly needed AI business jet flights in the FSX world, and they look great otherwise.

Trust me:  You'll get over it.  It's minor.

I've used UGA's G4s in FSX for years now, along with every other business jet in their entire library, and wouldn't ever think of removing them.  It's an issue that doesn't occur often enough to warrant not enjoying the benefits of having it.  Besides, there are plenty of other "quirks" in FSX that draw more attention than that.  But, that's just my own opinion on the matter...