Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Aircraft main gear centering problem

When i make a sharp turn on a big speed (25 kts for example) and then press 5 to center the wheel the aircraft should immediately stop turning and continue sraight forward from the point when i pressed 5. But this bloody aircraft continues to turn for some more 2 seconds, so i have to turn the wheels to the opposite side to center it.I am 100%, no even 200% sure that it is some number in the aircraft.cfg that should be changed. I just dont know which.If someone could help.Thanx

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

What kind of aircraft?Fot jetliners note that some airports have highspeed turn-off taxiways at low exit angles for exiting a runway where that might an appropriate turning speed. Otherwise down to about 10 knots or even less for sharp turns.The weight of the aircraft and its moment of inertia will probably preclude high speed sharp turns. Too fast and you will get nosewheel skidding or other problems.If you search the forum you will find quite a few queries on nosewheel oversensitivity. I use seperate rudder pedals and I do not find I recquire much sensitivity and always include a small null area since electrically the peds do not always return to an exact center position.