Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

Carenado Planes in XP 10

As to Berndt Stolle, he's still not a real fan of XP flight dynamics. I just read some forum activity from two months ago, in which the XP user was raving about the instabilty, which makes the sim airplane feel more "alive", than those from FSX.

And of course other conversations lead to the "flying on rails" concept of FSX versus X-Plane.

While some consider instability ( usually the roll axis) to be challenging, a handful, alive, or just more fun..........I consider it as unreal, a problem, and an annoyance. Bernt feels the same. Problem is, is that so very many simmers think that this instability is real....and due to torque. Others just call it a bug, as though it's just a minor annoyance. I'm not sure if Austin has done much about it, as some say he doesn't answer email about that inquiry. However, those posts are two months old. Perhaps something has changed.

In the meantime, while the XP Dash8-400 has roll and requires aileron input, it's good to know, that the real one flies as though it's on rails.

But to be fair, I heard that the FSX version of the Dash wasn't perfect either. And, as to myself, since I'm not in a position to fly either XP or FSX at the moment, I just read what others have wrote. I guess I'm just not to the point of believing that XP is sufficient to overcome flight model problems as easily as some suggest. I tend to go along with Bernts thoughts on the subject, which is more "fluidity" in regards to XP, but more limiting in flight model adjustments than FSX. At least that's his thoughts, and mine to. Perhaps I'll feel different some day, when liittle "torque bug" is explained as a real and unrealistic problem, instead of years of making sim pilots believe that the feature is real........ And that FSX is just to easy in comparison. Do, I have a chip on my shoulder, against some of XP's FD? I hope it's obvious. But that's what forums are for, aren't they?

Do, I have a chip on my shoulder, against some of XP's FD? I hope it's obvious. But that's what forums are for, aren't they?

I certainly have one on mine :-)  You're always welcome with your comments!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I certainly have one on mine :-) You're always welcome with your comments!

Thankyou. I always respect your comments. I may go for a bit of counterbalance, but still respect.