Sign in to follow this  
netman

Windows 8

Man, there is so much stuff here I am like a blind dotg in a meat house. Does FSX run on Windows 8? I installed it and activated it, but don't know how to start it! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to Avsim!

Does FSX run on Windows 8?

It does. Maybe you forgot to tick the option "create desktop icon", which has happened to me once or twice, too. In this case you'll have to go to the FSX install directory (I use Win7, where the default directory is in C:/User/<Username>/Program FIles(x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight SImulator X, it might be something similar in Win8, but I'm actually not familiar with Win8 at all, so I might be totally wrong here), look for the FSX.exe, right click and select "Create Desktop Shortcut".

On a sidenote, you might want to post in the "appropriate" (don't want to sound like a moderator, though) forums (in this case either the Windows 8 or the MS FSX forum), because I don't think that many people watch this forum closely, as it's for questions regarding the AVSIM system itself.

To clarify:  This is the place where you ask questions about running FSX in Windows 8 when you are having problems. If you are having a CTD though with Windows 8, then it would go into the CTD Forum. Questions regarding Windows 8 and FSX are not appropriate in the FSX Forum.  I try to monitor this forum as much as possible as well as other moderators but the amount of questions asked on this forum are becoming less and less.  Most of the questions have already been asked and answered here; however, I don't recall the OP's question ever being asked before.  Thanks Florian for the quick and accurate response.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am sorry to have posted in the wrong place and I thank every responder for being so gentle with me. Also I want to report that it has been solved and I have it running. Many thanks to all! All those like me depend on folks like you!